Happy at work survey: The Celpax device
- Employees give anonymous feedback leaving work.
- The lights show the team’s daily results after pressing, for transparency.
- Measure, Talk, Improve. Repeat!
- Most leaders install themselves in 3-10 minutes. Just press it on the wall and you’re ready. No need to involve your IT-dept (yes, for real).
- And hey, our software filter detects if someone presses twice.
- Customize it! Use your company image and branding.
- Use any language for the question “How was your day?”.
“It’s the conversations as much as the smiley buttons. Our employee appraisals used to be complex conversations”
Steve Brennan, CEO, Bespoke
- Compare worksites
- Compare day and night shifts
- Compare with other KPI’s like productivity, sales, staff retention, sick days, etc
A simple happy at work survey – Baseline Measurement
When trying to fix the problems at your workplace… how do you know that the changes you make are effective?
Unless you know how big the problem was before the problem started, it will be tricky.
You need a baseline measurement, which you get by always measuring the same variable.
- The Celpax gives you a baseline of how your employees feel at work (“75% press green on a normal day replying to How Was Your Day”).
- Let’s say that you used our recommended techniques to identify challenges/problems at work (aka stuff that makes people press red).
- You can easily see if there was an impact after you implement your change/event etc the next day, and over time, so you know whether or not your intervention is working.
Did the free coffee in the break room bring up the Employee Mood KPI?
Is the mood higher on the days you organize social activities?
Or All-Staff meetings? Or yoga? Or Safety Trainings?
Different Baselines depending on the time of the year
Many production facilities have a different baseline depending on when they are busy.
I.e. a logistics centre’s baseline is different leading up to the hectic Christmas period, compared to after when things calm down. You can then compare your current Employee Mood KPI, to the one you had last year during the same period.
Let our happy at work survey show the way and get an index of job satisfaction.
These are the benefits our users mention for…
Are you making a permanent change in your organization or does too much depend on you? Start a movement with strong leaders to make people grow – at all levels.
- A People KPI to be discussed at management meetings and operational meetings. Get high-level people data.
- Analyze trends to see where followup is needed.
- Verify the impact of high-level strategies, decisions and communications.
- Know where you have strong leaders. Make sure they see a clear future path in your organization.
- Succession planning: Is one shift leader outperforming the rest? Make him or her the next factory manager.
No great leaders have achieved a lot without their team. Are your people with you? Are they more behind you now than 2 months ago? Do they have your back?
- A people tool for managers in the day-to-day, without the complexity of long-term surveys or appraisals.
- You’ll know how your people feel today, which is what you need from an operations point of view.
- What makes your people press green? And red? An easy way to talk about “hard” issues, in a neutral way.
- Check the impact of your weekly meetings, training sessions, communications, news, PizzaThursday…
- Crosscheck with productivity, quality and other KPI’s you monitor.
- Make a list of what makes your team press red. Decide what to fix first, together with your team.
How do you roll out a healthy attitude among all employees without having to deal with it directly? Activate your people with the Celpax!
- The Celpax device is about taking morale to the front line managers instead of HR. As HR you can help with engaging people at work. But when it comes to communicating and in the day-to-day, the operational part is fundamental. We offload the workload for HR and distribute it among managers.
- A simple tool to empower your middle managers! Ensure that you can give your business the support it needs.
- An easy way for you to know how thing are going between your managers and employees.
- Get data and reports (by departments, shift, office location, etc) to make sure your leaders are complying with their responsibilities – to be “good” managers to your people. Do your managers comply with your HR processes?
- Data-driven facilitation: If leaders are struggling – know when to reach out to offer your help. i.e. if your baseline is 70% green, arrange for a chat with HR or other leaders when it drops below 60% green.
- Know which leaders are doing great work to plan for promotions, bonuses, etc. What do leaders with a high Mood KPI do? Spread their knowledge to those struggling.
- Cross-check with HR KPI’s like absenteeism, staff turnover, attrition, sick days, etc.
- Shortcut to present powerful data to actively participate in board room discussions. Back your arguments with data.
Change needs to happen at all levels, and it starts with the individual. What makes you happy at work?
- Self-reflection: Create a habit of reflecting on your workdays. When confronted with two choices – you either press green or red – it forces you to reflect on your workday. What made today green? Was it because of a particular colleague or person? Or a meeting that went really well? An achievement? Or because you are particularly good at something? And if it was red, did it turn red at a specific point? Too many meetings? Was it related to the workspace? A specific task? Stress? Get a better understanding of yourself.
- Small, regular changes: Regularly reflecting on your workdays is a quick and easy way to make lots of small course corrections towards a better you. Write down what makes you press green and red and put your self-reflection into action. What can you do to have more green days? Is there a better, or more efficient, way that you can solve the “red” and get more green? This is a chance to be happier and more efficient.
- Make your voice heard: Press green if you wanna have more days like this, red if you don’t! Some issues don’t really depend on you, more on your manager/company, right? Who do you need to speak with in order for you to have greener days for you and your colleagues? Bring your personal list of Green and Red reasons to the next meeting with your manager, or to the weekly team meeting. If your manager isn’t bringing it up, you might wanna have a chat with another manager, HR, etc. This is about changing things so people – you – feel better at work.
- Compare your mood: After you press, you see the team’s result from today. Are you on the same wavelength as your colleagues, or is it just you that are pissed off with everything? And if you normally press green, why is everyone else going for the red button?
- Talk with your colleagues: While you’re grabbing a coffee you can have informal chats to see how others feel. What makes them press green? And red? What improvements would they like to see? Is it the same as yours? You can also become a better colleague by trying to be more helpful when the Mood trend turns red, and help to find answers and solutions to improve your workplace.
A great workplace is everyone’s job.
The fun part is to act on employee surveys!